The PTO is currently looking for room parents. Everyone should have had the opportunity to sign up as a possible room parent at their parent orientation night. If you were unable to attend the orientations or just missed the sign-up, please check with your child's teacher to see if the need for a room parent is still there. If chosen as a room parent, there will be an in-depth information meeting in the coming weeks that will answer any questions and prepare you for your role.
Please note, that being a room parent is more than just helping plan a party or two. As a room parent, you are an extension of the PTO, and PTO membership is required to be a room parent. In addition to helping with the 2 class parties other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Distributing information from the PTO to your classroom parents
2) Contacting your classroom parents to: Organize monthly appreciation gifts for the teacher and support staff(s) which also includes celebrating them on their birthdays or other special occasions
4) Organizing Teacher Appreciation Week for your teacher (this takes place in February)
5) Helping the teacher with various classroom needs
6) *NEW* If you are chosen as a 4th Grade Room Parent, you will be responsible for helping to plan, decorate and run the 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony. This is your gift to the 5th-grade students, parents & teachers, and the following year you will get to enjoy the hard work of the 4th-grade room parents as your 5th grader is promoted.
The date for this event is 5/23. Our Projects Chair Person, Mindy Chipkevich, will be heading up this event and will guide the 4th-grade room moms to success.
If you have questions about being a room parent, please reach out to our room parent liaison, Amie Cooke email@example.com